Re: 5 Speed Tranny Kit

To: "Michael Weeks" <mweeks16@home.com>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed Tranny Kit
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:02:30 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike,

I installed Paul's kit last year.  I went with the full Datsun
clutch/press.plate/TO bearing, with the 1275 slave cylinder.  The kit is
excellent, everything fit perfectly.  The slave cylinder is cleverly mounted
and works well.  The instructions in the kit are all you will need.  It took
my a few days, with most of that waiting for the shipping out and back of
the flywheel to Paul to be surfaced and drilled for the Datsun clutch.  You
will be thrilled by the difference in performance. I easily hold freeway
speeds without sounding like an overamped 2-cycle in heat.  I did make sure
to cut away the top flange of the tranny as recommended by Paul, and still
has to dent up the heater box a bit to get a good insertion angle.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)