Re: 5 Speed Tranny Kit

To: Spridget Mail List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed Tranny Kit
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:07:03 -0800
Something interesting to note...
The stock drive shaft from the donor Datsun has the same bolt pattern to the
differential as the spridget drive shaft.  It bolts right up perfect.  On my
conversion all I did was shorten the Datsun drive shaft.  No need to mix and
match yoke, u-joints, etc.  The driveline shop even installed zerk type
replaceable u-joints.  An added bonus, the Datsun drive shaft weighs less
than the MG shaft.  Then just use the stock rear transmission seal as
designed.

David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon