Re: 5 Speed Tranny Kit

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, Spridget Mail List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed Tranny Kit
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:13:35 -0800
Your drive shaft shop is half correct.  The stock Datsun drive shaft is
designed with non serviceable u-joints, but a good drive shaft shop is
smarter than the average bear.  Mine now has replaceable u-joints in it.  It
was $150 for everything, including shortening, rebalancing, and new
servicable u-joints.  Point two is also correct, I am using a B210
transmission and driveshaft.  Therefore, I must answer your question with a
question.  How does the rear seal differ between the two transmissions?
Will the B210 driveshaft slide in the end of the 210 transmission? Will the
210 driveline bolt pattern match the Spridget differential the same way the
B210 driveline does?  If so, it should still be a neater fit to shorten the
210 driveline.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon