RE: Engine pulling

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine pulling
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:10:41 -0800 m>
I agree, engine stands are not necessary if you have a good work bench. I
rebuilt the cruisers engine on a massive work bench my grand dad built. I
bought a harbor freight stand, and the 1275 is sitting on it right now.  It
is useful for long periods of time, since you can cover it up real tight to
combat rust if your project has stalled on a freshly rebuilt engine (major
stall in my case).

Also watch out bolting your 1275 up to it, I snapped my starter mount clean
off the back plate. Take a look there's harbor freight's middle weight
engine stand with my 1275 on it.
(http://www.tobysengineparts.com/nov24/nov24.htm) let me know if that link
don't work.

Toby

David Ramsey wrote:

> Paul, Buy the cheapest stand at Harbor Freight,

Engine stand? What's that?
Pull it out and set it on the work bench if it's going to be out a
while.
If you are just doing a clutch and a repaint of the engine, set it on a
block of wood for the hour.
I stick mine on the floor jack so I can wheel them out and wash em off.
For rebuilds, on the workbench, it is easily flipable by hand.

--

Frank Clarici

///