Re: Japanese Products (NO LBC)

To: davidmiles@networksplus.net, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Japanese Products (NO LBC)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 00:48:20 EST
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/28/01 10:00:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
davidmiles@networksplus.net writes:

> I have an 81 Corolla, 475,000 miles with NOTHING but tuneups on the
> motor.  NO valve jobs, NO overhauls, still gets 35 miles per gallon and
> runs 85mph down the road.  Starts every time, no matter the temp, heat
> and ac works, looks pretty good too.  New batteries and tires,
> seatcovers and she will last another twenty years.
>
> Dave
>
> Frank Clarici wrote:
> >
> > Show me a 40 year old Jap car!
> > Show me a 20 year old jap car for that matter.

You must live in a place where you don't feed your cars to the salt all
winter.  Here in Northeast Ohio, you hardly ever see a Japanese car much more
than 10 years old.  No more Honda CRXs, MR2s, or 1st-4th gen Accords or
Civics here -- the salt ate all of them.  But there are plenty of 15-20+/-
year old VWs and Audis still being driven daily with outrageous miles on
them.  (Even the rear-drive Olds Cutlasses -- and there were three on every
block -- have almost all disappeared.)

Editorial comment:  IMHO, Japanese cars generally feel tinny and they are
ugly and I don't like them.  Nonetheless, I'd like to try a Subaru WRX for a
few years.  You know, just to be sure they still suck...

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A
93 Audi S4 TQ