Re: Lets Agree To Disagree

To: yup1275@pacbell.net, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lets Agree To Disagree
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:38:22 EST
In a message dated 30/03/01 11:18:59 Pacific Standard Time,
yup1275@pacbell.net writes:

<< The thinner steel they talk about is higher strength and the lighter weight
 goes toward performance. Bodymen do find them harder to pound out. >>

It is difficult to get your backside inside a fender to fart a dent out and
as an ex-bodyman I think I am qualified to say this.  It is hogwash that the
thinner steel is higher strength and even it was stronger it certainly
corroded faster than thicker steel.  If you check the gross weights of just
about any car you will find a continual trend towards increased weight.  The
safety of modern cars is more to do with how they are designed than the
thickness of steel panels.

My brother had a Jap car (actually a Triumph Acclaim) and it was a great car
but it was rotten to the point of uneconomic repair.

I wouldn't rush out to buy a Jap car though because as someone said they are
soulless.  The sad thing is that just about everyone else has copied the same
soulless thing.

Daniel1312

///