Re[2]: 1500 5-speed conversion

To: JARplanner@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: 1500 5-speed conversion
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 07:53:42 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello JARplanner,

Friday, April 27, 2001, 2:36:14 AM, you wrote:

Jac> A few weeks ago I was checking out a local source (Greater Auto Salvage,
Jac> Costa Mesa, CA) for the T-9 tranny used in the A-series 5speed conversion.
He
Jac> also had several T-5s (from Mustangs he said), which he explained are
larger
Jac> than the T-9s so not suitable for going into a Spridget.

I am sure (95%) that it is the T-5 transmission that is used.

Jac> Are you sure the 1500 conversion trans was the T-5 or the T-9? Even the
T-9
Jac> required cutting the trans tunnel in a Spridget, which is why I personally
Jac> chose to go the Datsun route.

Not sure how much cutting is involved, but there is some.  Frontline
states that the shifter is move back and they supply a GRP
transmission tunnel cover in the kit.  My guess (and it is just a
guess) is that you have to cut new hole in the tranny tunnel for the
shifter.  Any listers use the Frontline kit in a 1500?

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

///