1500 5-speed conversion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 5-speed conversion
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:04:51 -0400
A while back the list was discussing the frontline 5 speed conversion
for a 1500 Midget.  I seem to remember that the conversion used a Ford
T5 transmission from  a Merkur XR4Ti (Ford Sierra in Europe).

I was reading "Practical Classics", Spring 2001 and on page 107 they
have an article about putting a V-8 into a Capri GXL.  The mentioned
that they will be using a Brog Warner T5 transmission from a Sierra.
They also state that the T5 was commonly used in the US behind V-8s in Ford
Mustangs, Chevrolet Camaros and others.  Does anyone know if this is
fact of fiction?  If it is fact it just has become easier to find that
5 speed for the 1500 Midget.  Any thoughts?

--
Later,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

"Facts are the enemy of truth"