Re: Help Insurance

To: Robert.Latham@sun.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help Insurance
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:57:19 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/01 11:57:15 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Robert.Latham@Sun.COM writes:

> Are there insurance companies that specialize in "Classic
> Cars" as they do in the UK ?, or am I already getting a
> good rate ?

Robert,

I too use USAA and have found it a good deal if you can qualify for it (gotta
have an in with a current or ex military officer or one of his progeny).

I've looked at the Classic insurance but the requirements of garage kept,
limited use and mileage have kept me from using them.  The quote I got from
Haggertys was very attractive ...$65 a year...but required a garage I dont
have.

I worry when things sound too good to be true...they almost always are.  I
was also not comfortable in "fudgeing" about things like the garage.  I have
a garage, it just has been converted to a den.

Jay Fishbein on the list can give more expert advice as he is very
knowledgeable in insurance matters and is a collector too.

Robert Houston

Be more concerned about your character than about your reputation,
  because your character is what you really are, while your reputation
  is merely what others think of you.

"Remember, there is no lifeguard in the gene pool." GGLiddy