Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 01 21:30:27 EDT
  The Ford 2300cc was Amurican.  Semi-copied from the 2000cc but with
nothing interchangable.
  I forgot if the 2000cc was a British or German design, but the ones
that came to the US were made in Germany.
  Supposedly you can get more horses per dollar from the 2000cc, and
someone, maybe even Vizard, did a performance book on it.  Most of his
horsepower came from cyl. head work.  Bottom end was supposed to be
good for 7000 rpm stock.  Friend of mine ran his to over 8000 at an
autocross before the flywheels bolts loosened up.
    Ed in NC
  One of my favorite autocross memories was the time I finished 2nd
amongst 3 Datsun 1600 roadsters.  They didn't even know I was in their
class until the tropies were handed out. :-)