Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:29:39 -0700
Cc: eddie@mediarchive.com, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I hope my experience with my 2000 Ford F150 is not typical for you Ford lovers.
The differential was totally replaced at 34,000 miles because it began to leak.
When the technician disassembled it, it had disintegrated internally!  Less than
10,000 miles later the transmission began to slip.  It ended up being rebuilt.
This was all done under warranty.  The truck has always begun to vibrate in
overdrive on the automatic transmission at exactly 64 MPH and stop vibrating at
65 MPH or higher until it fall back down to 64 MPH.  The truck has been in for
this problem 4 times under warranty.  The first time they said they could not
find it.  The second time they told me I needed new tires or a tire balance.
The
third time they balanced the tires.  Finally the 4th time the Ford dealer had
new
motor mounts installed to further isolate the vibration, not fix it.  Problem is
it still vibrates.  The last time I complained about this I was told "They all
do
that" by the service advisor.  Anyone with a Ford had any similar problems?
     Obligatory LBC content:  The Ford truck is used to tow my Bugeye to far
away
shows.