Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)

Subject: Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:54:35 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I hope they have made improvements since the diesel Rabbit. I drove a new diesel
Rabbit everyday for several months back in the early 80's.

Best description for it would be "PAINFUL"!

No power going up hills, not always a diesel station when you need one, and
lest I
forget it was noisy and it smelled. On the highway, I needed to have the thing
up to
80mph before starting up long hills in order to be going 50mph at the top. Oh, I
almost forgot about the need to warm the glow plugs.

I can understand the need for diesels in trucks but never could understand one's
desire for one in a passenger vehicle.

Just my 2 cents.

jay f