Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:40:55 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
<<(I may have met my match here, Allen; I'd
better be very careful! May have to kill
myself!! Happiest day in Ed's life!)  :)>>

Nah, I ain't that lucky!!   But "somehow" I DO think the following FITS!!
****************************
The other night I was invited out for a night with "the boys".
I told my wife that I would be home by midnight ... promise!
Well, the hours passed and the beer was going down way too
easy. At around 2:30 a.m., drunk as a skunk, I headed for home.
Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hall started up
and cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, I realized she'd probably wake up,
so I cuckooed another 9 times. I was really proud of myself, having
a quick-witted solution, even when smashed, to escape a possible conflict.
The next morning my wife asked me what time I got in, and I told her
twelve o'clock. She didn't seem disturbed at all. Whew! Got away with
that one! She then told me that we needed a new cuckoo clock. When I
asked her why, she said "Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times,
then said "oh fuck," cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat,
cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then farted