Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <jleclainche@home.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:05:58 -0400
I had a Rabbid Diesel for an 75 minute commute into a city for 1 1/2 years.
Kept a tank of heating oil in my barn at $.74/gal.  I put a GTI seat in it and a
stereo with headphones so I could here my books on tape.  That little car went
WAY faster than any diesel should have; can't explain why, except that it smoked
pretty good and the timing screw on the pump had it's seal broken.
The best part was the yuppie tailgaters in their Saabs, etc.  The most puffs on
the accelerator with the clutch out (which created a freakin WALL of black
smoke) that was ever required was 3, on a white Saab.  When he finally came out
of the wall he had his lights on, windshield washers going, and dots of carbon
all over his nice little tailgaiting car.  The Haynes manual said that if the
car didn't reach 60MPH in 13 minutes, there was something wrong.
Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini