re: State of British cars

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: State of British cars
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 01 14:08:07 EDT
per Tom...
>>are some Swede fans out there with some seriously modified rear wheel drive
>>Volvos with some stupid amount of horsepower enclosed in that brick box, body

  There's a company (IPD) that specializes in Volvos.  Friend of mine is
part owner of a Volvo shop and drives a warmed over 142.  Handles great.
  '71 Volvo 142s are also one of -the- cars to beat in class ITB of SCCA
roadracing.  Look and sound better than the BMW 320i on the banking at
Charlotte too. :-)
  I have a copy of a video Nissan had made in 1971 when they won the SCCA's
Under 2.5 Trans-Am series with the 510.  One of the neat parts is seeing
the other 'old' cars on the track.  I think I remember seeing at least one
Volvo, definitely an old Saab, and an early (British) Escort. :-)
     Ed in NC

  Blur of motion, then-
  silence, me, a paper bag.
  What is so funny?