E-bay bidding experience

To: spridgets@autox.team.net teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f7IIRcT20614
Subject: E-bay bidding experience
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:27:33 EDT
Hi list,

after being outbid for about a #1 for several items I wanted on E-bay I
decided to have another shot.  I set a high reserve bid but was prepared to
set a still higher reserve bid if necessary.

I was the high bidder for days but sat down in front of my PC for the final 5
minute countdown with my 4 year old daughter (the 'toy' is for us to share,
having lost or whatever the one I had when I was a kid).  With constant
screen refreshes someone bid over my reserve with less than 2 minutes to go.
Needless to say I was able to put in a new bid with a higher still reserve
bid with about less then a minute to run - I was the high bidder.

I am relating all this stuff because this is the first time I have found it
necessary to adopt this approach to win and it only cost me #1 more than my
original reserve to have the high bid.

Daniel1312