Re: E-bay bidding experience

To: markdp@pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: E-bay bidding experience
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:10:44 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/2001 8:17:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
markdp@pacbell.net writes:

> Personally I think that trying to sneek in a bid in the last
> minute is underhanded and very poor sportmanship. But what can you do?

Right.  Under the rules of ebay, that is the only way to compete for many
items. I like the idea of extending 10 minutes past the last bid.  That is
sort of like having to win by two in Tennis.  It is also the way a REAL live
auction is conducted.  The gavel doesn't fall till all have a chance to make
a last bid.  Fair to all.  The last minute bidding, which I do because I want
an item away from others who are doing the same thing, is, I agree,
underhanded and poor sportsmanship.   But it is within the rules as they
stand.

--David C.