Re: E-bay bidding experience

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: E-bay bidding experience
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 19:57:48 -0700
Cc: Mark Perry <markdp@pacbell.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>There is another tactic, bid an odd amount. If  you bid something like,
>say $30, and the bidder has his proxy already set at $30, he has
>precedence since he
>placed the bid first. BUT!! What if you were to bid, $30.29, then, you can
>push his bid out and beat him by .29!!

Yeah, that's what I intended to do, but then got lazy thinking the bidding
would never go that high... no matter... another will come along another
day...

I never bother to bid until the last minute anymore... like you said, just
drives the price up and the early bidders never seem to win unless they set
a really high reserve.

-g

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -