RE: knock knock

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f7NEWJT00700
Subject: RE: knock knock
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:37:19 -0400
The problem actually first happened several months ago...driving on the
interstate a loud horrible knocking sound and loss of power.  People on
the street were staring as I pulled off.

Towed it home and parked it until Tuesday night when I decided to start
it up again to see what was happening.  The rebuild was relatively
recent, finished about a year ago, but done over a few years and by
several people in several locations--not good conditions for a rebuild.
New oil pump, and oil pressure seems okay.  I may drop the oil pan,
remove the valve cover, and take a look.  I'm not pressed to get it
fixed (focusing my efforts on my main project), just starting to take a
look to see what I'll be up against.  I'm pretty sure nothing in the top
of the engine can make a knock/vibration like this, although I was
hoping for just a bent pushrod or bad spark plug, or cat in the fan
belt, or maybe for it to just go away. heh heh...

Adrian