Re: knock knock

To: Adrian Barnes <adrian@workgroup.net>
Subject: Re: knock knock
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:51:22 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
You should hope so.  Otherwise it's likely piston slap (a piston loose
in it's bore or a bad wrist pin) or something else expensive.

As I recall you've got a 1500, which, if it >is< a rod bearing, is a
"good news - bad news" story.

Bad news:  The 1500 is notorious for beating the heck out of it's bottom
end.
Good news:  It's likely that it is a rod bearing.
Bad news:  You should probably replace the entire set of main and rod
bearings.
Good news:  You can replace the main and rod bearings with the engine in
the car.
Bad news:  I didn't say it was easy.
Good news:  It isn't real expensive.

I'm probably doing this job this weekend, so I'll have fresh
recollections to convey early next week.

Chris K.