Re: knock knock

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: knock knock
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:28:38 -0400
On Thursday 23 August 2001 08:27 pm, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

> Probably not cheap but don't jump to conclusions till you have pinpointed
> the knocking with a stethoscope or broom handle.  Knocking is usually worse
> than pecking, but it may not be the engine.  You might remember my knocking
> sound that ended up being a loose flywheel.  Engine pull, but lots easier
> and less expensive than an engine rebuild.

It seems my car has developed a fairly strong knock as well - I knew I
shouldn't have asked about how to ID a spun bearing a few weeks ago! Anyway,
I have some vague idea of the broom handle trick, but how about some details
on how to do this?

Luckily(?) I don't think I've experience the power loss that Adrian has, so
maybe I'll be able to get away with just bearings.

Eddie
1971 Midget