clutch bleeding

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch bleeding
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:43:56 -0400
I know this has been discussed a bunch in the past but how do I get all the air
out?
I filled the m/c opened the bleeder on the slave and kept adding fluid
After I started getting fluid out of the bleeder, I closed it
Had my helper/daughter press and hold pedal while I opened/closed the bleeder
did this many many many times.
fluid ran clear, pedal is still spongy and clutch fork moves no more than 1/4
inch

What am I doing wrong?

I 'm ready to remove the slave and tie it up a couple of feet above the m/c to
bleed it
Is this the only way?

Tommy
70B daily driver
67 Sprite - runs but can't drive - no clutch release