Re: clutch bleeding

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch bleeding
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:48:33 -0700
Tommy,

Clutches are a real b*tch to bleed because they tend to suck back as much
air and fluid as you pump out. The reservoirs don't hold much fluid and
it's easy to run out just as you think you're getting close. The BEST way
to do them is with a check valve. Either get one of the easy bleeders we
discussed yesterday, or put a check valve in a clear hose attached to the
bleeder. I strongly recommend using a clear hose so you can see the air in
the line. If you have a COMPLETELY virgin system (MC, line and slave), you
could run the hose back into the filler opening to refill the reservoir as
it bleeds. This method will get the job done in 10 minutes or less... the
other way will frustrate the hell out of you! Don't ask how I know!

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints