Tweaking & Tuning

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tweaking & Tuning
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:05:42 -0700
I finally got the 62 Sprite on the road and legal. What I found in
driving it for a day is it surges a bit from about 2K to 4K on a steady
state cruise. Under acceleration it does not hesitate or surge at all.
In fact it runs very strong. Where should I look first to change this?
It's a 45 DCOE with 34mm chokes. Unfortunately I don't have all the
other specs here with me at work.

The other thing I noticed is the car kind of "jerks" and "bucks" when
pulling off from a stop (No SA remarks about the operator). It does okay
when slipping the clutch a little but a was wondering if the u-joints
could be bad or the upper link bushings being mostly shot could
contribute to this problem. I'm going to bleed the clutch (and brakes)
this weekend due to it releasing right off the floor. Maybe it will take
care of both problems.

Even with these small problems it sure is a blast to drive, at least on
two lanes. Got to get used to those "tall" truck tires on the freeway.
Herby
64 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY (under construction/de-construction)
62 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY2? (My new driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com <http://www.herbytoys.com/>