Re: Tweaking & Tuning

To: Bill Hunt <BillH@aaai.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tweaking & Tuning
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:09:24 -0700 (PDT)
--- Bill Hunt <BillH@aaai.com> wrote:
> I finally got the 62 Sprite on the road and legal.
> What I found in
> driving it for a day is it surges a bit from about
> 2K to 4K on a steady
> state cruise. Under acceleration it does not
> hesitate or surge at all.

Do you see it at idle if you rev it to 2-4K and try to
hold it at that engine speed?  Could be slop in the
distributor bushing/shaft, making the timing wander,
most noticeable at steady rpm (loose timing chain
too?).  Check it with a light at the culprit RPM.

=====
Ron Soave

"It ain't women that kill a ballplayer.  It's stayin' up all night lookin' for
'em that does."
- Casey Stengel