Re: Tweaking & Tuning

To: BillH@aaai.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tweaking & Tuning
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:59:08 EDT
Is the cam standard?  What colour are the deposits on the plugs?  What final
drive ratio are you running?

Daniel

In a message dated 07/09/01 14:07:26 Pacific Daylight Time, BillH@aaai.com
writes:

<<  finally got the 62 Sprite on the road and legal. What I found in
 driving it for a day is it surges a bit from about 2K to 4K on a steady
 state cruise. Under acceleration it does not hesitate or surge at all.
 In fact it runs very strong. Where should I look first to change this?
 It's a 45 DCOE with 34mm chokes. Unfortunately I don't have all the
 other specs here with me at work.

 The other thing I noticed is the car kind of "jerks" and "bucks" when
 pulling off from a stop (No SA remarks about the operator). It does okay
 when slipping the clutch a little but a was wondering if the u-joints
 could be bad or the upper link bushings being mostly shot could
 contribute to this problem. I'm going to bleed the clutch (and brakes)
 this weekend due to it releasing right off the floor. Maybe it will take
 care of both problems.

 Even with these small problems it sure is a blast to drive, at least on
 two lanes. Got to get used to those "tall" truck tires on the freeway.
 Herby >>