Re: tires?

To: "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tires?
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:41:46 +1000
> That said, given the criteria you set forth, I just about any tire is
> going to work for you. Like Ed, I don't know why you want the
> "stickiest", as 4 wheel drifts are one of the fun things about these
> cars, but each to his own.

Tires like Hoosiers or the Yoko A032R *do* drift, but they do so
at much higher speeds (and more HP to break traction at the rear!).

I prefer the sticky tires - corner speed is higher, braking is later, safety
margin is greater. The disadvantage is that speeds are much higher
and that may attract the attention of PC Plod.

To reiterate my earlier note, go with the Yokos and avoid Hoosiers
on the street.

Mike