Re: Paint and Chrome

To: tboicey@brit.ca, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Paint and Chrome
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:38:44 EDT
Cc: pauld@ekpc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 09/18/2001 4:39:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tboicey@brit.ca writes:

> Frank Clarici wrote:
> > > Should I go with a clearcoat?
> >
> > Not recommended, it peels and fogs out in a few years, look at any 3 or 4
> year
> > old car.
>
>   I heartily disagree with this.
>
>   Modern clearcoats are very good and very stable.
>
>   You might be confusing clearcoats in general
> with a specific group of problems that appeared in
> the early 90s

Sorry Trevor...I have to heartily disagree with your disagreement.  I I'd
have to direct you to the five year old paint job on the RX7 in my driveway
with about 10% of the peeling clearcoat left on it and all the fading paint
showing.

RH...and I'd like someone to note that I have not chimed in on the right to
bear arms issue..can I get an attaboy?  How about an amen?
...there is no glory in dying for your country.  The glory is in making the
other guy die for his!  G. Patton