Re: Paint and Chrome

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Subject: Re: Paint and Chrome
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:00:52 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." wrote:

> What type of paint should I use?
 Urethane

> Should I go with a clearcoat?
Not recommended, it peels and fogs out in a few years, look at any 3 or 4 year
old car.

> What brand of paint?

PPG

> Should I have the body parts sprayed individually?

You risk chipping when you reassemble. I have done many nice paint jobs, the
only things I remove are the shifter and license plate plinth.
the doors, boot lid and bonnet are paintable on the car.
Remove the fenders, tar them inside, reinstall them and paint them on the car.
> Should I have the car undercoated or painted underneath?

Now your talking 5k paint job!

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ