Re: Fighter Jets, no LBC

To: KansaR@diebold.com, RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fighter Jets, no LBC
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:06:07 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
I realise this meant with the best will in the world but I don't think there
is any harm here.  I spent a number of years with the RAF, mostly at flying
stations (but always pushing a pen) and at the runway threshold there will
always be a bunch of guys with cameras, radios, notebooks and stuff watching
the planes.  Some are UK 'spotters' some were probably Russians.  There is no
law against what they do and the police cannot move them on.  It was the same
for the Falklands and Gulf war.  Just before the gulf war I was watching this
scruffy guy who needed a haircut polishing the canopy on a Jag (jet) and when
the camera panned to his face I saw it was my own kid brother!.  Next time I
saw him he had a crewcut and was checking his chemical detector paper, NBC
suit and gas mask as he packed his bags.

I think if Guy posted something along the lines of:  saw a box 4 ship of F3s
when they normally fly in pairs and the lead aircraft had an EW pod of a type
I have not seen before while the other 3 aircraft looked to be carrying
skyflash instead of sparrow and long range drop tanks (ok, I know this is F4
speak) and they have been painted tropical camoflage rather than desert pink
and,,,,,,........... I might think he was saying tooo much.

There are military secrets and there is common knowledge.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 21/09/01 05:07:47 Pacific Daylight Time,