Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:48:31 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Like Mike's,  my bugeye gets hotter and hotter to the point of overheating
if I maintain highway speeds (above 70mph) on a day when ther temp is much
over 100 degrees.  This is despite an aluminum core radiator.  My take on it
is that with the turbocharger (supercharger in Mike's case) more heat is
generated for each increase in speed, the old 'no such thing as a free
lunch' axiom.  Others not having this problem are either generating less
horsepower or operating in cooler temperatures.

Seems logical that generating 100+ horsepower will produce more heat that
generating 40-60 hp.

Of course, I'm no thermodynamicist, thats my neighbor's speciality.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)