Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:07:32 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/01 5:54:31 PM, PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

<< Temp. gauge out of calibration (or "tube"
shorting out on something electrical or
laying on something hot) notwistanding,
I am really trying to help Mike out, here.

Cap'n Bob:

I realize that your purpose is to help Mike, and Bob and I have agonized his
problems with him.  Bob isn't available now, and I really had almost no
experience with the Judson--just something my BF couldn't live without <G>.
One thing that may be relevant is that we had Abarth exhaust systems on our
cars  (couldn't live without 'em) from the get go.  Oh boy I can  still
remember  that mellow throaty sound, especially the ones for the Mark IV.
GR-r-r-r-r-r.  Pipes as big as soup cans  wow!!!

What I objected to in your response to Mike, however, was your repeating of
the misinformation that "these cars were never designed for U. S. driving."
I keep hearing people say it like it was gospel, and most of the people who
use the phrase are too young to know first hand what they are talking about.
I think you, Bob, are old enough to know better.  If they weren't designed
for the US, how come half of them ended up here?

By the way, we still have the 40 year old  Judson with a few  months use on
it.  Bob is determined to put it on the 1275 that is going into the Mark III,
just to prove he can.  Should be formidable--a blown 1275 with a 5 speed.
Can't stop an old hot rodder.  BTW we already have our "Supercharged" emblem,
but may have a bit of a problem finding a place to mount it on the Mark III.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)