S.U. Tuning

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: S.U. Tuning
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 00:42:00 -0800
I think I've got the tuning of the multiple S.U. carbs down pretty well
after rebuilding the jet assemblies twice, replacing the rear carb body,
shaft and butterfly and replacing all other gaskets in the carbs.  It
amounts to rebuilding these carbs twice.  I am stumped by the rear
carb.  The mixture nut has to be screwed almost all the way up to get it
to lean out properly and idle will drop below 1500 rpm with the
adjustment screws all the way off the stops of both carbs.  The needles
are correct for the S.U. H1 carbs (GG) and the jets are the correct .090
size and are new.  What are some possible reasons for this?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite