Re: S.U. Tuning

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: S.U. Tuning
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:44:53 -0600 (CST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Hmmmm.  You've probably checked these out already, but:

Piston hanging up in chamber (not dropping all the way)?
Too high a fuel pump pressure?
Fuel line betwen the carbs blocked/restricted?
Bad float?
Bad float needle valve?
Bad karma?  (I'm runnin' outta ideas here...)

One last thing, don't forget that the two carbs are connected for
airflow (through the balance pipe), and fuel delivery.  You could be
tweaking the heck out of the back carb to compensate for a problem
that actually is in the front carb.  (BTDT)

Chris K.

> I think I've got the tuning of the multiple S.U. carbs down pretty
well
> after rebuilding the jet assemblies twice, replacing the rear carb
body,
> shaft and butterfly and replacing all other gaskets in the carbs.
It