Re: S.U. Tuning

To: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: S.U. Tuning
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:09:13 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
More than likely the senario in this case.  The rebuilder (not a professional)
may
have taken these apart and not made any attempt to reassemble them in the same
way
the parts were before.  He may have mixed and matched at reassembly.  I have
read in
the manuals that carefull attention to make sure the parts are put back
together on
the same carb they came off and piston housings should be put back on oriented
the
same way (mark them for this purpose).  I'm afraid this mechanic friend of mine,
however well intentioned,  is the kind of guy that will take parts off other
carb
sets and mix and match parts to make one complete set out of them.  I have since
taken them apart a few times to fix leaks, re-align jet assemblies. etc., but
always
made sure that they went back together in the same order and orientation.  I
guess
this does not help when they were not assembled from matching parts in the first
place.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite