Re: kryptonite

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: kryptonite
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 19:38:31 -0600
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Kansa, Robert" wrote:

> UGH..
>   my Ego is about to take a death blow. it looks like in a couple months or
>so. Southwind Racing is going to have to start looking at Mini Vans..
> The kids are growing and the doctors say we cannot amputate them just to fit
>them into our present modes of commuting.

        Among the earlier recommendations, I like the VW bus best. Besides the
mild lack of frontal crash protection it's a very good design. Since all
the cargo sits low and between the axles, they have a huge load capacity
compared to similar sized vans. The Chebby Asstro is a horrible,
horrible vehicle. I had one in my previous job and I couldn't recommend
them for any reason. At least the VW is a cute, quirky POS, not a
bumbling, useless POS built by the General.
        Another thing to consider, if you can find an early Dodge minivan with
the 2.2 four, you can throw a Shelby Charger turbo on it and, with a few
modifications from Wal-Mart, you can run 12 second < mile times! I've
seen video on the internet of one running mid to high 11s! Talk about
pissing off the Mustangs! :)
--
---
'87 RX-7 TII: People for the Ethical Treatment of Tires.

-