RE: Fw: Fw: S/C Racing Gears

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, "Bob Van Kirk" <racerbob70@yahoo.com>, "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: Fw: S/C Racing Gears
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:47:52 +1100
Robert, Chuck,

do you drive it around in traffic? In the residential streets?

On the highway in 4th, (or on the track of course) it isn't an
issue.

I've been using them forever, but on rally transport stages
(road legal speeds, incl through towns), 2nd and 3rd gear are
noisy enough to be loud when compared to all other contributors,
incl my exhaust (95db at 100ft at full noise).

I don't say I don't enjoy it, I am questioning the wisdom for
regular non comp use, esp if you don't *need* the s/c gearset...

I have a regular gearset in my non-comp cars, simply because it is
more pleasurable to drive the car for lots of reasons including the
more useful ratios and quieter operation.

Not every car has to be a race car...

Mike