RE: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g26ISgG24532
Subject: RE: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:28:34 -0800
Okay, my .02. I've dealt with both local "assemblers" and "proprietary"
suppliers. At home we have an HP which has offered flawless operation
for the past 3 1/2 years, except for when we unwittingly let a Pac Bell
"tech" install our DSL (got a local college kid to come over and
straighten it out). I do agree on tech support or lack thereof.

We use a local "assembler" for our computers here at work. I have had
about 5 PC's in the past 4 years. Their "solution" for fixing when they
crash is to buy a new one. Granted I get an upgrade every time but it's
a real PITA to have to load all that software again (they only load the
OS). Unfortunately I have no control over choosing what local supplier
the company chooses so I just have to deal with it.

I agree with Rob, what works for one may not work for someone else.
That's why we have choices as consumers.

One question on having a "computer junkie" friend building a computer
for you, when you have problems will he/she come and fix it for you?

Herby
64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com