Re: Smaller than an LBC?

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Smaller than an LBC?
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 08:24:30 -0800
Cc: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Right, Geoff.  It was called the COBRA engine, used a lot in WW2 as generator
engines,  COBRA=COpper BRAzed.  A sheet steel engine!  Was an overhead cam job
with
no adjustments for the bevel gear wear!  Later the CIBA, a cast iron engene was
used.  The car started life with a 2 cyl opposed twin!.

This was Americas first production car in 1949 with disc brakes. Went back to
drums
in 1950!

Paul A