Re: anybody from around here???

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anybody from around here???
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:00:54 EST
gjbranch@attbi.com writes:

> I have never met anyone on this list in person, though I have been here in
> some
> form or another for several years.  It doesn't matter, but someday I'll
> meet
> some of them, maybe.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

There is a group of us here in the PA, NJ, NY, MD area that seems to get
together on irregular occasions to help LBC owners in need.  If there is a
need in MA, maybe some listers up there can all get together and lend a hand
working on a car for a weekend.

I have to admit, the times we get together are a load of fun.  And it is also
great to see how others work on cars.  I don't do bodywork, but I am pretty
good with brakes and electrical.  chuck is the bodywork guy (par excellance!)
along with being the resident story teller, Larry works on anything, Kevin is
an electrical wizard and seems to know more than Bentley, and stay away from
Frank and his recip saw!  (Actually, Frank can't understand why a full
restoration would EVER take longer than a weekend.)

I suggest that you find others in your area and see who has a perplexing car
problem.  Plan a weekend to get together and work on it, whilst consuming a
quantity of beer and other food.  The work will get done, everybody will get
a boost to their motivation and ego, and a good time will be had by all.
Don't miss the opportunity!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget