Re: Dipstick Length for 948cc

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dipstick Length for 948cc
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:53:22 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
John,
     The second dipstick you tried is the correct one.  On the original 948s,
the
hole is just that, a hole with no guide tube.  The dipstick is supposed to be
just a half round rod bent in half with a loop formed at the top and it IS
supposed to "bottom out" in the pan.  Your 948 should take 3.7 quarts.  It
appears you have been running it low.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite