Re: Fwd: Re: Is my tank half full or half empty

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>, spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Is my tank half full or half empty
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:59:29 -0700
Jim,

There are two ways that the sender fastens to the tank. Early types use six
screws and later ones use a twist locking ring. I'm not sure which year was
the changeover, but I think a '68 would still have a screw type, but I'm
not positive as my '68 came without a gas tank. If you have a locking ring,
make sure that you have removed all tarces of gas from the tank or nearby.
The ring is knocked loose with the tap of a screwdriver... you would want a
spark to really ruin your day.

Gerard