Fwd: Re: Is my tank half full or half empty

To: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Is my tank half full or half empty
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:43:33 -0700 (PDT)
OK more info came to me re. Bugsy's gas gauge from the
P.O. He writes

"You might be right about the sending unit, that tank
is from (I think) a 74

But my 72  does the same thing as yours and I know it
has the orginal tank"

OK the MOSS Book shows a different sending unit for a
'68 - '71 Spridget and then a completely different
unit for a '72+ Midget.

I'm making the assumption now that since gauge reads
way past full that I'm getting an erratic reading from
the sender that doesn't match the gauge. Now it might
be easier to replace the gauge rather than dropping
the tank and replacing the sender. Anyone know of an
easy way to identify one gas gauge from another in the
boneyard. Proper gauge reads xOhms? when tested with
ohmeter?

Damn I've had the speedo in and out 5-6 times this
week in sorting out problems. Time to go and stand on
my head again. I was hoping to reinstall the driver's
seat today and go cruising. Oh well.

Note: forwarded message attached.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
http://games.yahoo.com/
  Apr 2002 06:33:33 -0700 (PDT)