Engine out

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine out
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 22:33:38 -0400
Tonight I took my engine out. It took me 45 minutes because it took time
to remove the Speedwell nose and all the wiring.
I put my new aluminum flywheel on it, cleaned it, changed the water pump
and painted it up. If it wern't for the paint being still tacky, it
would be back in.
I found the worst ring gear I ever saw and it still worked fine.
Missing 8 teeth, another 12 or so were so far smashed, it's a wonder the
starter had anything to catch.
this engine is out atleast once a year, the ring gear looked OK last
year. I guess it's a bad starter eating it up. So I cleaned and painted
a starter too, detailed the alternator (all apart and painted) Powder
coated a few bits for under the bonnet, and have to devise a quick
release plug for my wiring on the Speedwell nose. maybe next time on the
wiring.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ