Looking at a '78 -- what to know?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking at a '78 -- what to know?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:51:05 -0400
Hello all,

After selling off my '74 RWA Midget almost 15 years ago, the LBC siren song
is calling me again.

I'm currently looking at two different '78 Midgets that seem promising, but
would love to know what everyone thinks I should pay attention to when I
check them out in person this weekend.

I'm familiar with most of the standard Midget issues (rust in the lower
panels, trunk, and under the battery tray, Lucas lunacy, etc.) but am
completely unfamiliar with the 1500 series engine and its accompanying
changes -- my other one was a 1275. I've heard many a thing about the
Triumph engine, but more in the "ford vs. chevy" argument vein than
information I can use while kicking tires!

What should I pay attention to on these two cars? Thanks for your help...
and I hope to become a "regular" on the list soon!

Regards,
Kevin