Re: [midgetsprite] Seat survey

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Seat survey
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:38:02 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/02 12:33:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
redmidget72@yahoo.com writes:

> Allthough many spridgeteers prefer to stay with OE seats for their rides, I
> want and need a seat with more comfort and lumbar support.  What seats have
> you had sucess with that match up to the seat width and seat rail size of
> the spridget.  Sure I could buy new, or restuffed seats that are same as or
> original stock size.  But I want to have the fun, and lower cost of fitting
> other car make seats fit in Bobbie, that fit my back.  So what is it?
> Miata, Toyota, Datsun, Yugo, Nash ?

- - - - - - - - - - -

I just picked up a pair of Fiero seats at the last Carlisle, PA show.  They
measure exactly the same as the Midget seats in my '77.  They have speakers
in the headrests (a nice touch), but I have to re-cover them before I install
them.  I will probably make an adapter plate to mate the bottom of the Fiero
rails to the floorpan.  It should be a very easy swap.  BTW, the two seats,
which need to be recovered, cost me about $90.  I will probably spend $50 on
new speakers and up to $200 for new covers.

I did find new, leather seat covers for Fiero seats for about $400 a pair.
The supplier will embroider an MG logo on them as well.
(http://www.mrmikes.com)  I just don't want to spend that much.  (We tight!)

Miata seats also fit with minimal modification, and both have much better
support than any car seats from 25 years ago.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"