Re: Listers Turn Out For Vintage Gran Prix au Grattan

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Listers Turn Out For Vintage Gran Prix au Grattan
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:06:54 -0500
I must say.... John drove wonderfully, and was remarkably consistent.  My
first time at Grattan.. nice venue, family enjoyed it.  Great
weather.   Mike G. and I left after John's drive, and after folding up a
few tents. We traversed the great Lake Michigan on the car ferry arriving
in WI a tad after midnight. The theory is that you can rest while on the
boat versus navigating through Chicago traffic. Instead we talked Aussie
rules football and Spridget suspension mods. I got home around 3AM. haven't
heard from Mike, but I hope his company wasn't expecting too much from him
this morning.
         It was unfortunate WST had troubles, but each incident was cause
for interesting theorizing and empirical testing. Hopefully all will be
sorted by ELVF in Sept.
         It was great to see the faces I've not met before.
         Then there was the MGB V-8 conversions convention at our hotel....
honest.
         The Thicko hospitality was great as ever. Alas, it didn't rain,
but the t-shirts were appreciated regardless.
         More later.
         Peter C
==
At 04:35 PM 8/19/2002, John.Deikis@med.va.gov wrote:
>The weather was perfect, and only got perfecter for this year's vintage race
>at Michigan's Grattan Raceway.
>Along with a number of Spridgeteers in attendance, cyber-names from the list
>came to life as real live persons and drifted through Thicko Village over
>the weekend.  PeterC, Ron Soave, Roger Cotting, my main supporter and crew
>chief Rick Fisk, and the parapatetic Mike Gigante from "down under" made
>their appearance to cheer on a decent field of Sprites and Midgets.

SNIP