Re: Listers Turn Out For Vintage Gran Prix au Grattan

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Listers Turn Out For Vintage Gran Prix au Grattan
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:25:11 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: team-thicko@autox.team.net
--- John.Deikis@med.va.gov wrote:
> The weather was perfect, and only got perfecter for
> this year's vintage race
> at Michigan's Grattan Raceway.

Just in from playing with my racecar some more (Side -
what's up with pistons being so proud of the block?
Sprite no like fancy shaved head out of spares
stock...).

John Deikis was an absolute blast to watch, similar to
how it is to talk to him, Blunt Head Trauma and all.
His street-ish Sprite was like the Little Sportscar
That Could as he toasted many drivers of theoretically
and financially faster cars.  Hanging out with Mike
Gigante was a supreme (and educational) pleasure.
Mike needs to write a book, and move a lot closer.
Mike, despite your advice, I may build a little
horsepower into the car for next year's enduro so you
can have a little fun.

With TuTone, Don Thompson, The Dreadful's, Elmo,
Grenade, etc. nearby, Flounder's pit area was fun as
usual despite mechanical difficulties (best line of
the weekend was, on the 100th crank as we were trying
to get Severin's car running was Grenade asking "Hey
Thompson, we were wondering if you could give us
starting lessons.").  As John pointed out, the lovely
Veronica can indeed fill out a nomex driver's suit
with the best of 'em.  I learned a lot this weekend
watching things with a different interest level in
preparation for driver's school.  As Yogi Berra said,
"you can observe a lot by watching".

More later...need sleep.

Ron Soave (aka "Grasshopper")
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs