Tire information

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire information
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:09:59 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Listers,

I have a question about my tires. I have a
99 Grand Am.. It uses P215/60R15 tires.

The cheapest tires I can find are at least
$60.00 or more apiece. I need 4 "NEW" tires,
especially after the trip I made to Florida
3 weeks ago. 2 tires stay low and wont hold
air..I have taken them back 3 times to put
plugs in them. Was trying to hold off till
I got home on Friday to find new tires. The
inside of each tire are wore totally down
with no Thread left( bald almost)I just got back from
looking for 4 new tires.But what goes on my car
would cost $400.00 for a set. What I
would like to know is "can you interchange
another size" for what I am using now?

A couple of people gave me names of places
to look for tires..but I cant find the emails.
If you know of other tires I can use instead
of the P215/60R15's would you please let me
know SOON..As I have a 3 hour trip to make
Friday to go home and will be loaded down,
so I would like to get new tires but cant
spend $400.00 on them at this moment...

Any information or help would really be
APPRECIATED!!!

I am not sure they will stay up for 3 hours
or till I can get back to Lufkin so it is
kinda urgent...

Anyway,,thanks for your help in advance!!!!

Bree!