Re: Tire information

To: breeanna1012000@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire information
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:17:10 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/02 7:12:46 PM, breeanna1012000@yahoo.com writes:

<< As I have a 3 hour trip to make
Friday to go home and will be loaded down,
so I would like to get new tires but cant
spend $400.00 on them at this moment... >>

I realize this post will probably only add to your angst, but what is your
life worth to you?   Get yourself down to Discount Tire, Costco, or any other
reputable store and buy good tires for your car, have them installed
properly, and put them on a credit card, if you must.  Next time do it before
they are threadbare and before you leave home.  You really can't afford to
mess around with that big car loaded up.  It will become a squirming whale
when you have a tire blow.  Do it now, and wherever you are.  You might also
get a recommendation on tire pressure and bring the tires up to pressure
every month or so.  Sounds like you have been running them underinflated for
some time.

If other listers can suggest a different or vendor, that's good; getting
tires immediately is what is important here.  Reduce your top speed to about
45 mph until you do.

We like you, and it would be nice to have you around a while longer.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)